Bone Voyage Quest Guide
Bone Voyage is a quest which revolves around the construction of a barge for the Varrock Museum. Completion of the quest opens the Fossil Island, which is of archaeological value to Curator Haig Halen, the museum Curator
Speak to Curator Haig Halen who’s found in the Varrock Museum
Curator Haig Halen requires your support to complete the construction of a barge designed to carry the crew of the Varrock Museum to an unexplored landmass that is towards the east. There have been several efforts to enter the island, but none of them have been fruitful. This quest would see you wading through Gielinor, assisting the Varrock Museum and rendering it easier to make the trip a successful one.
Official length of the task:
Short – Medium
- 100 Kudos
- Also at least sailed once to the Great Kouren
- Fulfillment of the mentioned quests:
- The Dig Site
- Marrentill potion (unf)
- 2 vodka
- 4 Digsite pendant or Digsite teleport scrolls for teleportation to Digsite
- Skills necklace in order to teleport to the Woodcutting Guild
- Varrock teleport
- Xeric’s talisman which will aid in teleportation to Xeric ‘s Look-out (situated to the north of the Woodcutting Guild)
- To reach Port Sarim, you need the Explorer ring 2 or the Amulet of Glory
- 2 willow logs for the Balloon Transport System for Varrock Lumberyard.
- 2 Lumberyard Teleports to get till Sawmill, situated north-east of Varrock.
- Iron bar, 5 nails, 2 oak planks and a hammer are needed to construct a bank chest on Fossil Island (Keep in mind that 21 Construction is required)
Enemies to defeat: None
Speak to Curator Haig Halen located at the Varrock Museum. Inquire if he’s got any interesting information. He’ll inform you that they’ve discovered an intriguing island north of Morytania, and they assume it may have a high archeological value.They are in the middle of making final preparations for the journey, and he has strongly suggested you to the barge foreman, who has requested the assistance of an experienced and qualified adventurer. Agree to assist them, and make your way towards the Digsite.
The final touches
Make way to the canal barge towards north of the Digsite. Upon arrival, talk to the barge foreman in front of the barge. They are in the last stages of preparation, but there are a few subtle changes he ‘d like to make to the barge before prepping up the crew. To keep the barge afloat, he requires a stronger type of wood; the magic logs won’t do it because they had some peculiar side effects (something you will learn about later on). He will ask for a high-grade type of wood located only in distant western lands – which is redwood.
The barge foreman will direct the player to speak to the Sawmill operator who is at the Sawmill, Northwest from the barge.
Make the journey to Lumber Yard and speak to the operator of the Sawmill. In order to procure planks of redwood, he negotiated a relatively favorable contract between the sawmill in the Great Kourend Woodcutting Guild and himself. He’ll send you a proposal for a sawmill that you’ll have to submit to the Woodcutting Guild.
Now, make way towards the Woodcutting Guild in Hosidius utilizing your skills necklace (Ironmen may choose to use the Tithe farm minigame teleport as an alternative option) and give the proposal to the Woodcutting Guild Sawmill operator. If you do not meet the criteria to access the Woodcutting Guild, try opening the eastern gate of the guild to complete this step; Berry will sign instead of the guild’s sawmill operator.
Come back to the Varrock Sawmill operator and hand over the sawmill agreement to him.
The cursed voyage
Make your way back to the foreman of the barge, who is going to tell you to board the barge. Talk to the barge guard, and he’s going to let you board the barge. Talk to the Lead Navigator once you’re on the barge. He’ll ask you if you’re mindful of previous exploration attempts. Choose the first choice if you want to learn what had happened. Otherwise, pick the second one to miss the dialog.
- The first barge had some serious design flaws… it didn’t float.
- The second barge suffered from ‘feature creep’. Senior museum staff stuck their oar in and added unnecessary features: ‘go-faster stripes’, a portable fossil centrifuge and a walk-on mini-museum. Needless to say, it had… buoyancy issues.
- The third barge made it out to sea, but a special sealant was used that attracted sea monsters. They didn’t make it very far.
- The fourth also used a special sealant, this one attracted icebergs.
- The fifth barge crashed into the sixth.
- We lost the seventh one.
- The eighth barge is still here, we think. An accident involving a magical explosion and some talking anchovies means that it is now believed to reside 12 seconds out of phase.
- The ninth version was built with magic logs. The barge gained some form of rudimentary sentience. It developed serious depression and ran itself aground near Crandor.
He would then assume that the voyage is cursed and will decline to depart until you can guarantee the safety of the crew from this curse. He tells you to talk to any trained sailors at the Rusty Anchor Inn in Port Sarim.
Using the Amulette of Glory, the Rat Pits Minigame Teleport or the Rimmington House Teleport. Speak to Jack Seagull at the Rusty Anchor Inn, and question him if he’s ever been on a cursed voyage. He will suggest that you require a lucky bone charm, and that you ought to speak to the Odd Old Man in Silvarea to obtain one.Ahab’s going to interrupt, claiming that with the help of the ‘potion of sea legs’ you will sail the voyage unscathed. You decide you’re going to ask the navigators which one they’re going to prefer.
Go back to the Lead Navigator. He ‘s going to prefer the potion of sea legs, but the Junior Navigator prefers a bone charm instead.
Pay a visit to the Odd Old Man (the rag and bone man) at the Silvarea mine, situated north of the Digsite, and ask for a lucky charm. Tell him you ‘re off on a cursed voyage to get the bone charm.
Converse with the Apothecary in Varrock, southwest of Varrock Square. He’ ll need two bottles of vodka and a marrentill potion (unf). Talk to him again in order to obtain the potion of sea legs.
The “cursed” voyage
Come back to the barge and hand the Lead Navigator the sea leg potion and the Junior Navigator the bone charm.
Needless to say, the potion will render everyone except the Junior Navigator to pass out. Since he never explored the open seas, you ‘re going to have to steer the barge. You ‘re going to have to steer left or right using the interface controls. The progress bar will show how long you need to travel to get to the island.
- Whenever the top arrow tilts leftwards, simply tap the right arrow.
- Whenever the top arrow tilts rightwards, simply tap the left arrow.
- Shifting the height of the sails can change how dramatically the boat moves from side to side. Getting the sails of the boat as large as possible while going in a straight line will encourage a far more consistent route while travelling.
The key to sail the boat is to initially click the left and the right arrows until the boat goes straight, do not over-click the left/right arrows as you can supersede when steering, try to click with a consistent intermission.Once the boat is in a straight direction, click the up arrow on the sails, and you should make some decent progress. Click the down arrow on the sails to minimize the speed when you start to see the arrow move to either side, and then try to rectify the direction of travel using the arrowing technique mentioned above.
Once the progress bar has been loaded, you will reach Fossil Island.
Kudos, the quest is now fulfilled!
- 1 Quests Quest point
- Entry to Fossil Island – to exit the boat upon reaching the Fossil Island,talk to the Junior Navigator.
- Notebook of Fossil island